NEXT GEN SPEAKER
THE SECRET TO CREATING MORE
TIME | TRUST | PURPOSE
Boo's quirky and authentic approach quickly grabs an audience's attention, and establishes rapport, credibility and trust. His skill lies in taking his listeners on a fascinating journey, where the destination is beyond your expectations.
"Incredible ... Boo transformed our business ... Very Inspirational"
Who isn’t excited about the virtual space!? Boo has fully embraced the virtual arena and he is a certified virtual presenter. Technically he has been virtual since 2006, running a remote business across Afghanistan, The Middle East, UK, US and Australia! Although back then there was no studio, just Skype! Today Boo has a home studio, OBS system to deliver keynotes, workshops or training or a full studio headquartered in Sydney for that big bang impact. Book a discovery call to see how Boo can inject energy and deep performance into your remote team, anywhere in the world!
Download speaker kit
GID - GET IT DONE!
THE SECRET TO CREATING MORE TIME
THE GID MINDSET – IN A SEMINAL CASE STUDY OF OVER 638K PEOPLE, HIGH-PERFORMERS WERE IDENTIFIED AS GETTING 400% MORE DONE EACH DAY THAN THE AVERAGE? HOW???
IMAGINE IF YOU COULD UNLOCK JUST HALF THAT POTENTIAL AND WHAT THAT WOULD MEAN FOR YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS...
Now you can. Boo has decoded the science of performance for leaders, teams and individuals, and cracked the secrets to optimising productivity. He calls it DEEP PERFORMANCE
Introducing “THE GID MINDSET”
What is the GID MINDSET?
- The ebb and flow of high performance (or “deep” performance) and why high performance is by its nature, unsustainable
- How to create a collective GID mindset to underpin everything your team does
- How to THINK QUICK, a mental model to shift your critical thinking skills to a new level
- The perishable nature of skills and how constant evolution future-proofs your business
- How to create more time in your day (through greater alignment in thought, action and impact)
- The “GID” mantra and why consistent habits deliver big wins
when we look Beyond high performance we unlock deep performance. Sustainable, inclusive and transformative behaviours that deliver sustainable success AND THE IMPACTS THAT MATTER
THE SA BUBBLE
THe world has never been more disrupted. the speed of change is surpassing our ABILITY TO comprehenD it and understand what it means to us. it's exhausting.
SO WHAT IS SITUATIONAL AWARENESS?
Have you felt confused, frustrated, anxious or sometimes overwhelmed by things? That there is too much to do and just not enough time to do it? If so you are experiencing LOW situational awareness. The good news is, we can turn that around!
WE CAN CREATE CLARITY, TIME AND DELIVER DEEP PERFORMANCE IF WE FOLLOW THE SIMPLE STEPS TO GAIN MORE AWARENESS OF OURSELVES, THOSE WE RELY ON AND THE SITUATIONS WE FIND OURSELVES IN, AKA “SITUATIONAL AWARENESS”!,
LEARN HOW ADAPTIVE LEADERS EMBRACE SITUATIONAL AWARENESS TO PERCEIVE, PROCESS AND PROJECT WINNING STRATEGIES. LAUNCHING SMART IDeAS AND hitting the brakes on the not so smart ONES TO ACHIEVE SUSTAINABLE WINNING MOMENTUM.
We all want to have great awareness. Situational awareness is like a bubble! We want our SA bubble is “BIG” (Which means more time, clarity and calm), more often it's small (which means stress, frustration and fatigue). You get the idea…
We want our leaders, teams and individuals to proactively create “BIG” SA bubbles! Why? TO DEVELOP THEIR ABILITY TO FIND THE RIGHT INFORMATION AT THE RIGHT TIME TO EMPOWER GOOD DECISIONS!
Because it's theses decisions that deliver meaningful actions – the type of actions that deliver the impact which defines a high performance team stepping up to become deep performers
“IN THE MIDST OF CHAOS WE CAN FIND clarity”
- Why SA is key to achieving more with less
- How to build time-saving strategies that focus on finding the right information
- How to make better decisions faster
- The eight steps to create and enhance SA
- Creating more value for your customers by giving them better SA
THE flipside of failure
Boo redefines the role of failure AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE A DEEP LEVEL TRUST TO DELIVER ExPLOSIVE performance, DAILY successes to guarantee a fulfilling life. he shares the formula for using failures To drive innovation and rapidly acceleratE every aspect of your business...AND LIFE.
Fighter pilots consistently achieve a 98% success rate on the execution of their missions. On average a new product launch succeeds 5% of the time and statistically a company has only a 30% chance of achieving their annual strategy. What's the differentiator? Deep performing organisations with a fearless feedback culture consistently outperform their competitors and enjoy outstanding employee engagement.
“WIN, LOSE OR DRAW - DEBRIEF IT”
YOUR AUDIENCE WILL DISCOVER:
- How to futureproof a business with the ultimate secret weapon, debriefing
- The optimism bias and how we unintentionally set ourselves up to fail
- The four step debriefing process
- The art of debriefing with customers to discover their needs and sell VALUE
WIN ON PURPOSE
CONNECTING “BIG” PURPOSE TO “SMALL” WINS. You probably know already that purpose is key to drive motivation in today's business environment. Have you connected your big purpose to your day to day task and actions (aka – what's the purpose?)
At the age of six Boo attended his first air show and as soon as one of the fighter pilot's waved to him from the cockpit, he was hooked. From that day, without conscious awareness, Boo understood his singular purpose in life was to become a fighter pilot.
Boo is the founder and co-host of “The Few”, a leadership and success podcast where guests share their secrets to success. The singular common trait amongst all guests is living a life aligned to purpose and doing purposeful things each day.
YOUR AUDIENCE WILL DISCOVER:
- The Power of Resilience – NEVER GIVE UP!
- The simple habits that achieve accidental high performance
- How to define purpose at different levels of your organisation.
ACCIDENTAL DEEP PERFORMANCE
Never a strong student, Boo repeated his final year of high school and just managed to scrape together the grades needed to apply to pilot training. On paper there was no way Boo should have been selected. His determination and positive attitude towards to fulfilling his sense ofpurpose were the sole reasons he forced open the door to his dream career..
During training, the flying was ok. The study and academics? Let's just say they left a lot to bedesired… until he was taught the power of the “small win”, taking each day as it comes andapplying the lessons learned from failure the very next day, transforming failures into wins!
When he became a CEO he had no academic business qualifications and no idea how to run a business. Yet he landed his first business deal – a $3million contract.
From Afghanistan’s snow-covered peaks to Dubai’s skyscrapers, the UN Halls in New York, and back to Australia to build a 17-storey hotel from Lego, Boo's recent diagnosis of adult ADHD gifted him the superpower of “hyper focus” and the kryptonite of easy boredom to found and flip a number of multi-million dollar enterprises.
Boo attributes his achievements to his sense of purpose, pushing him to find unique ways to approach common problems and the motivation to get it done.
THE PERFORMANCE HIGH
WIN SOME, LOSE SOME. THE HIGH PERFORMANCE PARADOX
“The winner's high” is a term coined to explain the AMAZING feelings we have when we win. A heady combination of dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin and endorphins (DOSE), we get the same rush from winning as we do taking illicit drugs!
Just like illicit drugs, chasing the winners high can also lead to us feeling bad about ourselves and our team when we're NOT winning. This is the dark side of high performance. Constantly setting unachievable goals and reinforcing patterns of failure.
This negative feeling is worse just after success too, just like a hangover. So if success can also make us feel bad why try? Boo explores the complex relationship we have with success and how to achieve the right balance and still enjoy the performance high!
“After two debriefs with our client they finally awarded us a $26 million contract. It was unbelievable, it worked!
“POLITICS AND PERFORMANCE ”
To be political is to be human. Sustainable high performing teams (DEEP PERFORMING) considers the balance between organisational politics and individual performance. Even in a highly political environment, everyone wins when the organisation is performing. Boo introduces the idea of deep performance “chunks” or sprints, where everyone focuses on pulling together to deliver aligned individual and collective goals. Once we get it done, we can get back to the politics!
Boo introduces the concept of the 4- step “Debrief” influence strategy – an accelerator to delivering your overarching strategy. Simple and effective, the 4-step process is designed to identify the personal wins that are fundamental to the team win! hint: selflessness is a big personal win!
YOUR AUDIENCE WILL DISCOVER:
- “Sprint” activity. Highly focused, short periods of combined effort designed to deliver impact, and rest!
- Why it's a good idea to talk about personal performance every day
- The execution rhythm, every business has a rhythm. Conduct your business like a symphony
- Using daily debriefs to take a personal failure and turn it into a career win or new business idea
- The “free” performance kick we get when we trigger our DOSE neurochemicals
- The performance degrading effects of “own goals”: stress, fatigue and distractions
Be the best of the best
FOR LEADERS, SALES AND MARKETING TEAMS, OPERATIONAL TEAMS AND GENERAL TEAM PERFORMANCE
High performance has its place in an organisation and deep down, we all need and want to perform and to be part of a high-performing, winning team. However, research highlights the stark reality, that not everyone can be, or wants to be, a high performer. However we CAN all be DEEP performers!
This topic explores the power of deep performance. You'll gain insights into the simple lessons and habits of the best of the best, from business leaders, the GOAT's (that's Greatest of All Time for the uninitiated!) and the uncompromising world of fighter pilots, and how to apply them in your business.
- The trust-based “nameless and rankless” methods used by fighter pilots globally to deliver
exceptional outcomes and a win rate of 98%.
- The relationship between Purpose, Time and Trust. Three powerful elements that can’t be bought and must be created, to drive organisational-wide velocity and sustained high performance.
- How to create an agile and adaptive mindset, without the chaos and confusion.
- How to create more time by investing in the right things and saying NO purposefully.
The GID Mindset - Get It Done!
The secret to unlocking 400% more OF EVERYTHING
FOR SALES. PRODUCTIVITY, ENGAGEMENT, RESILIENCE, AGILE WAYS OF WORKING AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT
The world around you is accelerating. We look at emerging research on how organisations can take advantage of disruption to not only keep pace with change, but to accelerate ahead of it. We’ve all heard the phrase “We need to buy time”? Well unfortunately you can't! In an accelerating world, mastering the time you have is fundamental to success.
If we can’t buy more time, how do we create it? The GID mindset is a way of getting your people to think fast and work in unprecedented synchronicity – it's the future for humans to work in the era of digitalization and automation. It’s about focus, getting “it” done rather than ”things” or “stuff ”done.
You'll take away:
- The value of sustained high performance (or “deep” performance) for you, your team and your customers
- A simple four step structure that helps you “think quick” and create velocity to gain the competitive edge
- Keep it simple. How to create more time in your day through greater alignment in thought, action and impact
- The “GID” mantra and why focusing on big picture outcomes rather than tasks is the key to success
- Close the “Say-Do” gap. How to build trust by ”doing” what we say we’re going to do (and do the right things in the first place!)
How to Stand out from the crowd
FOR LEADERS, SALES AND MARKETING TEAMS, RESILIENCE, HIGH PERFORMING TEAMS AND CHANGE
In a world where every brand, product and service feels the same, this session will show you the methods to stand out by becoming an exceptional organisation. The formula for driving success?
Developing the courage to dive deep into your organisation’s mis-steps and failures, to extract incredible lessons and to act on them quickly to rapidly improve your existing products and services, drive innovation and create exceptional people. Transition from a FAILURE mindset, to an experimental mindset and strike the balance between delivering your business of today with your business of the future
You'll take away:
- How to futureproof your business with the ultimate secret weapon, debriefing
- The optimism bias and how we unintentionally set ourselves up to fail
- The transformative “Three R's” three step debriefing process used by fighter pilots to drive a 98% success rate
- The art of debriefing with customers to discover their purpose, their needs, solve their problems and transition from value to invaluable
- The performance high – the neuroscience hack that turns failure into success and gives you a free energy boost
Be the organization (or person!) you can’t live without
FOR LEADERS, STRATEGIC THINKING, SALES AND MARKETING, RESILIENCE, MOTIVATION AND INSPIRATION
What’s the point of every action, meeting, or product in your organisation, or to put it another way, the purpose? This keynote explores why creating purpose, understanding purpose at different levels of your business, and understanding our customers purpose is the key to becoming indispensable.
Having a Vision, Mission and goals is one thing, helping everyone in the organisation connect to them is another.
We'll dive deep on connecting daily purposeful actions to your organisations “Big Purpose” to help improve engagement, productivity and wellbeing across all levels of your business.
- The rule of three. The simple patterns of communication that will help you stay forefront of mind
- How to create long term “Big” purpose with a capital P to align the hearts and minds of your organisation and drive purposeful activity each day
- How to create small wins by asking “what’s the point” before we launch into time consuming action
- Is your yes, a “Hell yes!”? How to say NO to unnecessary ”stuff” and YES to the ideas that drive innovation in your business.
- NEVER GIVE UP – the key role resilience plays in leadership and within a team to get the job done
FROM CHAOS TO CLARITY
In a chaotic world, be the oasis of calm
FOR LEADERS, TEAMS, STRATEGIC PLANNING, OFFSITES, PRODUCT LAUNCH, REMOTE TEAMS
We all need clarity, especially in today’s chaotic disconnected world. In the military they call it VUCA; Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous. It’s during these periods exceptional companies find opportunity, rally their people and shift into the new norm, at speed. We’ll explore the importance of creating an execution rhythm, the concept of situationally aware thinking and how to create time to focus and collaborate.
- How to be adaptable by creating “situational awareness” each day – the key to staying one step ahead
- The distraction hack, how to claw back the 2.5 days of lost productivity every week we experience due to distraction
- How to talk less and say more using the “Pose, pause, pounce” influence technique Boo used to build a $200m global business and a $42 million hotel, on time and under budget
- The eight steps to rewire your brain and create “total awareness”, the ninja like skill of leading your team through disruption
- How to “sell” situational awareness to your customers and make yourself indispensable
The debrief workshops
THE MOST POWERFUL WORKSHOP YOU'LL EVER Experience
OVER 3,500 WORLD CLASS COMPANIES HAVE LEARNED THE ART OF FIGHTER PILOT DEBRIEFING TO IMPROVE ALIGNMENT, LEARN FASTER AND DRIVE MEANINGFUL CHANGE
FRANK AND FEARLESS (2-4 HOURS): UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF HIGHLIGHTINGAND RESOLVING THE SMALL ISSUES IN YOUR BUSINESS TO ENHANCE YOUR PROBLEMSOLVING SKILLS AND DRIVE INNOVATION.
FROM INTENTION TO ACTION (2-4 HOURS): LEARN THE SKILLS TO DEBRIEF DAILY,WEEKLY OR MONTHLY TO IDENTIFY AND IMPLEMENT TRANSFORMATIVE ACTIONS. ITSNOT WHAT YOU LEARN, IT'S WHAT YOU DO.
1% PER DAY (1 -2 HOURS): IT'S THE SMALL THINGS THAT COUNT, AND THE CUMULATIVEEFFECT OF A DAILY DEBRIEF IN YOUR BUSINESS CAN BE PROFOUND.
Boo will facilitate a number of debriefs and teach your team how to start, run andimplement daily debriefs. One team can make all the difference.
half or full day experiences
DEEP PERFORMANCE MASTERCLASS (90 DAYS – 90 MINS EVERY TWO WEEKS): A HANDS-ON WORKSHOP WHERE PARTICIPANTS DEVELOP AND KICK-OFF THREE “BIG TICKET” STRATEGIC OUTCOMES
GID MINDSET (1 -2 DAYS): INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP TO IDENTIFY YOUR BEST IDEAS AND BUILD A RAPID PLAN TO GET THEM DONE
CHAOS TO CLARITY (1 DAY): A SENIOR EXECUTIVE WORKSHOP TO EXPLORE THE WORKING DYNAMICS OF THE LEADERSHIP GROUP AND DEVELOP A DEEP PERFORMANCE WAY OF WORKING TOGETHER
BE EXCEPTIONAL (HALF OR FULL DAY): A REFLECTION ON YOUR PERFORMANCE WITH THE AIMTO RESET AND RELAUNCH NEW “DEEP PERFORMANCE” BEHAVIOURS, BETTERCOMMUNICATION AND THE “GET IT DONE” MINDSET
INDISPENSABLE (HALF DAY): A WORKSHOP DESIGNED TO HELP YOU SIMPLIFY YOUR MESSAGING WITH A FOCUS ON IMPACT, WHETHER IT'S AN INTERNAL CHANGE INITIATIVE OR CONNECTING AN NEW PRODUCT WITH YOUR MARKET
YOU'VE HEARD THE KEYNOTE, IT'S TIME TO APPLY THE FIGHTER PILOT MINDSET!
INTRODUCING … THE POST-EVENT WEBINAR:
60 MINUTES WITH BOO
ONE MONTH AFTER THE EVENT, BOO WILL HOLD A WEBINAR EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOUR PARTICIPANTS. IT'S AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THEM TO CHECK IN, ASK QUESTIONS AND SHARE HOW THE FIGHTER PILOT MINDSET IS WORKING IN THE REAL WORLD!
“This was a very good presentation by Boo, wasn't sure what to expect, thought it was going to be cheesy but that changed quite quickly. Love the simplicity of the approach and eloquently explained, which can be used in day to day personal live and objectives, small business to large corporations. I'm an advocate and would recommend anyone to see the presentation to assist them achieve whatever they would like to do in their life.”
George Gekas, Founder of GKS Product Development Solutions
“When I mentioned to you yesterday to announce what our topic was today, I said “we will end on a high.” And I should have said, HIGHEST. That was the mic-drop I was aiming for. Thank you”
Talent Operations Director, Publicis Groupe (NYC)
“Hi Boo, it was great. I am now clear on the importance of clarity for our team. Very inspirational.”
Anthony Lillicrap, Director Ant Construction and Development
“Boo's presentation for AMEX on FLEX methodology was amazing – he brought humour and charisma and his amazing life experiences to show how we can bring situational awareness to our roles and look to strive to achieve (and debrief!)”
Adam Meier, FX Dealer, American Express
“Great session. Very inspiring and motivating. I will definitely be bringing the 3 Rs and debriefing and Red team into our office.”
Chris Stead, National Workforce
“What an amazing day these boys put together. Boo your engagement was genuinely incredible and hearing your story is inspirational.”
Dan Gaebler, Founder and Owner of Laser Plumbing
“Was really good and engaging. Full of high energy and high octane. Was in the Mission Possible group from Toyota. Really recommend.”
Matt Zol, Toyota Finance
“I was fortunate enough to be present at this absolutely awesome presentation at the VPNG conference. Thank you for the inspiration and for the recognition. I am so keen to ensure the FLEX method is something I can incorporate into my working practices. Thank you for your enthusiasm and passion!”
Tilda Johnston, Registered Nurse – Monash Health